Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Haircuts

Tanner has been having pretty regular haircuts since he was 3 months old by me and my mom. (I say me and my mom, but let's be honest here- I don't do anything. I should just call it Grandma's Salon.) Maybe not real haircuts all the time but trims around the ears and in back at least every so often. You would think it's not that big a deal for someone who has had several of these trims to do it again, right? WRONG! Last time Tanner threw the biggest fit and just hated every second of it. It was a horrible experience for all involved. No exaggeration.
So...I took him to a kids salon where he sat in a firetruck watching Elmo's World and got a balloon after. Look how cute! So much happier this time...and NO TEARS! He just held still and the lady said how great he was. SO worth paying to have it done. No more free haircuts for Tanner but way less headache for Mommy and Grandma. Did you hear that? A huge sigh of relief from Grandma. Katelyn on the other hand...She does great at Grandma's Salon! She has had a few trims on her long hair and does a great job. Well I decided to be brave and cut it ALL BY MYSELF! This is so not like me. I borrowed some scissors from my neighbor and sat Katelyn down with a garbage bag over her (no worries, I cut a hole for her head) and went to work.
Look at those big eyes...She must have been a little nervous too.
Also, who knew it would be so hard to make sure it was straight! It took longer than it should have but since it was my first cut I was trying to be extra careful.
A little self portrait of me and my victim.
Look at all that hair! Needless to say I am pretty proud of myself!
I'm not sure if I'll do it again but at least now I know that I can. Katelyn is such a sweet girl!

4 comments:

mindy sincich said...

You did a great job! I tried cutting Jaida's hair once and it was so hard to get it straight. I can't believe that her hair is still so long even after her hair cut. Cute!

Julie and Eric said...

Katelyn has such gorgeous hair! You did such a good job. When I cut my boys hair, I do the Garbage sack thing too!

Jaci Twiss said...

Garbage bag still freaking hilarious :)

Kathy said...

Jess,
You're such a cute mom! Your kids are adorable. How have you been, I haven't talked to you in ages. I'm so glad you made a blog.

Kath