Well, the day finally came for the cast to be removed! Tanner did great. He is so brave! At first he was okay, but the longer they held the cast saw on his leg the tighter he held on to me. By the time the cast sawing was done his face was buried in my shoulder and he was gripping tightly to his blanky and to me. I'll just let the pictures tell the story:
He has had to learn to walk again without the cast on. He has a limp that has gotten less noticable each day. As soon as we got home I put him in the bath to wash his leg and he was so happy! He swam around the tub, splashing and playing. He really missed that since we've had to hold his leg out of water for a month!!
I'm really proud of Tanner for being so brave through this whole thing. He has been so cooperative for the Drs and nurses, holding still getting X-rays and the splint and cast put on and taken off. Even though it would hurt or be uncomfortable he would still cooperate and hold still for them to do what they need to do. What an amazing little guy!!
2 comments:
WooHoo Yay for Tanner
So cute! I'll bet the bath was awesome for him!
Congratulations on living through it, lol!
FYI...I tagged you on my blog. Check that out sometime.
Post a Comment