Monday, February 9, 2009

Every February....

Brandon and I like February.


The other day Brandon says, "Hey kids! Guess what- 2 1/2 years ago Tanner joined our family!" We stopped to think about that for a minute. Yep, it's already been over 2 years. Wow!



He continued. "And 4 1/2 years ago Katelyn joined our family!"

"And guess what happened almost 7 years ago?!"

The kids said, "What? What!"

"Mommy and Daddy got married!"

"And 10 years ago, guess what happened?"

"What, Daddy?"

"Daddy and Mommy first met."

On February 1, 1999 Brandon and I met for the first time at a singles ward activity in Sandy.

Every February we talk about the night we first met, when he came over to talk to me, and how that night we watched the movie Three Amigos. And how the next week we saw each other again and went out after the ward activity to see a movie. And how 2 days after that, February 9, 1999 was his 22nd birthday and I took him out for lunch to celebrate. And how later that week we went out to celebrate Valentines Day and he surprised me with a beautiful rose and a card.

We like February. It's fun to reminisce.

6 comments:

mindy sincich said...

It is so fun to think back on all the good memories. I love the pictures of your kids, they are so cute!

Anonymous said...

and just think, it all started 32 years ago in February!

jen said...

So fun to see one of your wedding pictures!

Unknown said...

WOW! Has it really been that long? Congrats! I love you all!

Mandy said...

So sweet! I love the picture of you at your wedding - you look adorable!
Happy Anniversary :)

Anonymous said...

You can leave these pictures up for awhile. It is so fun looking as your family grows. I can't wait to see you in April. I sure miss you.