Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dance Recital Summer '09

Katelyn's summer dance recital was in June. She looked gorgeous and did such a great job! We are so proud of her. She performed 2 dance routines and was wonderful in both. We did have a scare when I took her off my mom's lap to bring her backstage in preparation for her first performance. She would not stop crying for Grandma! I had to keep telling her that the reason Grandma was here was to see her dance on the stage, so she better stop crying and get ready to dance! I was worried, so nervous to see if she'd pull it together in time, but when she came onstage to perform she was smiling so it all worked out.


This routine was to the song "Lollipop" and was so cute. It was more of a fun, jump around, "jazz" dance. (She is on the left.)

After a costume change and short break she performed a dance to the song "Tiny Dancer" and it was a ballet routine. She did so awesome! (She is 2nd from the left on this picture.)

Katelyn with Ashlyn, a friend from her class.


Me and my girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen it.

Jaci Twiss said...

Seriously she's getting too big too fast and is the cutest little thing ever!!!