Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feeling Better


We had a rough weekend. Both kids got the flu. Luckily both of them never got really cranky or whiny, it didn't seem like they got body aches or high fevers. There were lots of other obvious flu symptoms though! Brandon and I spent a lot of time cleaning and doing laundry.

Tanner got it first, at the end of last week and into the weekend, then Katelyn got it bad Saturday night. It was so funny because she told Tanner, "I just love you so much and wanted to take care of you but then I got sick from you!"

She was funny too because she is such a chatterbox, even WHILE she was throwing up she would keep talking. It would go like, {heave} "This is HORRIBLE!!" {heave} "I am so sick!" {heave} "Take me to the doctor!" {heave} "I just need to go to the doctor right now!!" {heave} "I just can't go to school" {heave} "but it's my favorite place" {heave} "except some days I don't want to go" {heave} "but I still really like it, but I can't go." {heave} "This is so HORRIBLE!!" {heave} "WHY?!?!?!" {heave} "It HURTS!!" {more heaving}.

You get the idea. It was so incredibly sad to see her so miserable and sooo sick, yet it really was funny that how her personality was the same even throwing up.

It was so, so sad that they were miserable and had such awful stomach aches. The kids did lots of artwork and watched lots of tv. Thankfully they are feeling better, now I'm hoping Brandon and I stay healthy.

2 comments:

mindy sincich said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear that they both got sick. And oh my, Katelyn is so FUNNY! I hope everyone is better so we can hang out soon!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you were sick, Katelyn & Tanner. I hope you feel better now. It is NO FUN being sick! I hope your mom & dad are OK. It's a good thing they have such good kids who will take care of them if they get sick.