Sunday, February 13, 2011

"If You Like My Music, You Can Give Me Some Money!"

The other day Katelyn came home from school and apparently decided she needed to earn some money. Before I even realized what was happening, this is what I saw:
"If you like my music you can give me some money."

She played for only a few minutes before her thumb was hurting from strumming the guitar strings. Time for a short break.
 Using a piece of paper towel and some medical tape she fashioned a bandage for the poor thumb.
She got her guitar picks and was ready to play again.
Seeing that there is not a lot of traffic through our kitchen, more specifically Tanner and I were the only ones home, I felt obligated to donate to her collection bucket. The change I contained in my purse totaled 37 cents. Katelyn was excited to see the money coming in and tried to talk Tanner into raiding his piggy bank for her cause. Luckily I was nearby and was able to quickly foil that plan. Unfortunately at about this point she received a message from her "guitar boss" that she needed to make at least "40 or 50" in order to keep her job. Oh, the despair!!
Things were looking bad for a while until she got another text on her imaginary cell phone for her "guitar boss" saying the minimum she had to make was 37 cents!! I knew it would all work out.

What a great example she is to Tanner! The very next day he was in the same spot trying to make few bucks too.

Who could resist this sweet boy?!? Not me.

3 comments:

mindy sincich said...

Oh my that is too funny and too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

You got to love a kid who can earn the money! You should get 20% (in writing, of course) for an agent fee. Just drop them off in the mall on your way to work and pick up the money on the way back. I'd pay big time if I were to see them playing!

Teachinfourth said...

Sounds like a country song..

LOL

I have a student who asked me to teach him guitar about six months ago. He's getting better and I love Tuesdays with Mr. M.

This week I was going to teach him "If I had a MIllion Dollars" by BNL. I had to use the abbreviation of the band's name because the boy is only 11...yeah. He loves the song - especially after I explained a few of the lines to him and what they really were talking about.