Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we went to my extended family's annual party. Snacks, visiting, and Christmas songs between Bible narration were followed by white elephant gift exchanges.

We really love our gifts, especially Brandon. He ended up trading his with a cousin, I'm not really sure why. (I think he's regretting it now.)

Surprisingly, Katelyn got something she's always wanted.

Tanner got this blue car and the glowing bracelet shown in this picture (which ended up bursting on him as he wore it to bed, leaving glowing spots on his jammies and blankets--along with a crying boy).

We got home and baked our traditional store bought cookie dough for Santa. (A lot of people bake around the holidays, but I'm not one of them.)


Followed by quick baths, they each found the present with a star by their name and opened them to find new pajamas!


They placed gifts for each other under the tree......
............so sweet!

Some finishing touches on the cookies.




Time to go to bed so Santa will come to our house!!

4 comments:

mindy sincich said...

Christmas is so fun! Maybe Brandon's present will come in handy, and the kids have cute pj's!

Milana said...

So cute! It is always so much fun to see what other people do for their traditions and how similar they are! Your kids and family is so cute! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

There was a Korean exchange student there who wanted to trade me a box of Nerds for the Betty Boop license plate. I traded him, but I felt bad. I can't believe he actually wanted it. I didn't want the Nerds, but I was glad to get rid of the license plate.

Camille said...

Hey guys, just popped in to check on you guys. Your kids are darling and it looks like you've been up to lots of fun, except for that broken leg. Hope you had a great Christmas? We never made it to tri-cities this year. The weather has been so crazy. You guys are probably more used to it in Utah I'm sure.

Take care,
Camille